From college students and grads to moms and everyone in-between, clean eating and healthy living can sometimes be difficult to achieve. That's why there are some (what I see as) essential kitchen gadgets/tools. Meal prep is a huge part of eating healthy, if you have it prepared you're more likely to stick to your plan. No matter what your preference - paleo, clean, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or omnivore - these items will make your life simpler when it comes to healthy eating!
1. Bento Box($14.95): Upgrade from your lunch bag with a bento box! There's tons to chose from with different features and styles. I prefer the price and sleek style of this one. Find one that is dishwasher and microwave safe!
2. Nutri-Bullet ($79.99): Probably one of my favorite products on this list! Of course you've probably seen me post and talk about it a lot, but it's been incredibly helpful. There's different levels of nutri-bullets, ranging from $79.99-$179.99. The best deal is the set, which I have, and is perfect for blending your way to clean eating!
3. Paderno Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer ($34): You can turn your favorite vegetables and fruits into noodles with a spiralizer! It might seem silly at first, but you can swap fries for veggie-stick fries, even substitute the noodles for spiral veggies!
4. Aroma Bakeware Measuring Cups ($9): The best start to a healthier lifestyle is to measure what you eat. Not only are they colorful and cute, they're also collapsable for small kitchens!
5. Blender Bottle Classic Shaker 28 oz. ($10): Perfect for your post-workout protein shake! The best part? No more clumps of protein powder! This one is $10 at Dicks Sporting Goods, but you may be able to find it for a lower price elsewhere.
6. Berry Breeze ($49.95): More fruits and veggies are the foundation for a healthy diet, but it's super discouraging to bring a haul of fresh produce home only to see it rot three days later. Berry Breeze is a small, battery-operated machine. Stick it in your refrigerator and extends the life of fresh produce and leftovers. It emits a consistent level of activated oxygen to neutralize bacteria by inhibiting ethylene gas that triggers decay. Plus, it deodorizes the fridge!
7. Hamilton Beach Zebra 3-qt. Oval Slow Cooker ($30): It's hard to use the excuse that you're too busy to cook when you have a crock pot! A quick Pinterest search turns up hundreds of healthy recipes that make clean eating easy.
8. Food Scale ($14): Weigh your meat, fruit, veggies, everything! This is a simple, uncomplicated scale.
9. Air Popcorn Maker ($30): Popcorn can be a healthier snack! You can skip the oil and all the butter and have a bowl of fresh popcorn in just three minutes!
10. Juicer ($150): Don't let the price scare you, after just 15 juices your juicer will have paid for itself! You can save yourself the struggle of rotten fruit, and make delicious, nutrient filled juices! While I haven't made the investment yet, I'm eager to after seeing the creations my aunt has made!
11. Chef'n Salad Dressing Emulsifier ($15): Homemade salad dressings can be healthier and taste much better than the bottled versions! Get that delicious restaurant-ready salad dressing taste!