- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cucumber
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 3 quarts of water
- Cut the lemons into quarters and then hand squeeze into your pitcher, also put the remainder of the lemons (peel part) in.
- Cut the cucumber in half (I recommend wrapping the half you won't be using in plastic wrap then putting in a ziplock baggy - air tight) and then cut into slim bits and put in pitcher.
- Use 10 - 12 mint leaves. We recently started an herb garden so I've only used fresh leaves. Tear the leaves in a few places that way they release the flavor and add them into the mix.
- Put some ice in so that the pieces don't float up to the top - that way the drink gets more flavorful - and then add your 3 quarts of water.
- Chill overnight.
If you're like me and like to just take little 16oz water bottles with you here's how much you'll need.
- Cut the lemon in two, then cut one half in half. Use the small half. In order for the bits to fit in your bottle you may have to cut the piece into smaller pieces.
- Use less than 1/2 of a cucumber - I only use three thin pieces and then cut them into bits.
- 5 - 10 mint leaves. Use more mint leaves if you want the water to be more minty.
- 16 oz water bottle - or cup.
- chill over night.
- If your bottle isn't 16oz just kind of eyeball how much you want to use on each ingredient.