There are a variety of different products on the market, but home remedies seem to work the best!
- Grate a small sized cucumber and extract the juice.
- Dip cotton balls into the juice and apply it under the eyes.
- Do not rinse it off as the juice would be absorbed by the skin after some time.
- You can also keep thin slices of cucumber over your eyes.
2. Raw Potato Potato's are known to reduce dark spots, blemishes, and pigmentation. It also reduces the puffiness under eyes.
- Grate and extract the juice of a raw potato.
- Soak the cotton balls into it and apply it under your eyes.
- You can also keep thin slices of potato over your eyes.
3. Tomato Tomatoes contain "lycopene" which is an anti oxidant and helps lighten skin. It also keeps wrinkles away!
- Make a paste of a small tomato.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply this under your eyes and keep for 15 minutes.
4. Rose Water Rose water is an important ingredient in many face packs. It has anti inflammatory properties which help in reducing the puffiness under the eyes.
- Dip cotton balls in pure rose water.
- Apply it under your eyes for a cooling and refreshing effect. It immediately reduces the puffiness under the eyes.
5. Mint Leaves
- Crush a few mint leaves
- Apply these leave bits under your eyes and keep for 20 minutes.
6. Green tea bags Green tea is rich in anti oxidants and tannins. It also helps in skin lightening and reducing wrinkles. (This is my favorite since it's so simple)
- Boil the tea bags in half a cup of water.
- Then keep these tea bags over your eyes for about 15 minutes to get instant relief.
- You can also dip cotton balls in boiled tea leaves and apply under your eyes.