Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
This smoothie is packed full of anti-inflammatory foods and perfectly spiced for cooler Fall weather.
- 1 cup homemade walnut milk*
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- handful of ice cubes (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
To make the homemade walnut milk, soak 1 cup of raw walnuts in water in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. Once soaked, drain and rinse them well and add them to the blender with 4 cups of filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute or until the walnuts are very finely ground. Strain through a nut milk bag if you like, although I usually skip this step when I use walnuts. Walnut milk can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
For more fantastic recipes, visit picklesnhoney!